Recipes By Cuisine - Southwestern
Mango, Brie and Avocado Quesadillas
- 1 lb brie
- 1 ripe mango
- 2 roasted Poblano peppers, peeled
- 1/2 yellow onion
- 1/2 bunch fresh cilantro
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 package whole wheat tortillas
- 2 tbsp safflower oil
- Chop the onion and blanch for 10 minutes; drain the water and set aside.
- Warm the brie to room temperature. Clean and cube the mango and avocado; chop the cilantro.
- On a tortilla, spread the brie and layer the mango, onion, pepper, avocado and cilantro; top with another tortilla and lightly brush each side with safflower oil.
- In a skillet, cook on each side until lightly browned and inside melts. Cut into quarters and serve with mango or a tomato-based salsa.
Chicken Chili in Cornbread Bowl
- Serves 2
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1/4 cup red pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup green pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup onion, diced
- 15 ounces spicy chili beans, canned
- 15 ounces Mexican style diced tomatoes, canned
- Fresh diced chili, to taste
- 2 eight-inch round corn breads, from the grocery store
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
- Sour cream
- Saute ground chicken in skillet, add peppers and onions.
- Open cans of beans and tomatoes with Oster® Can Opener and pour contents into skillet.
- Add chilies. Cook until heated through.
- Scoop out center of corn breads but leave about 1/2 inch on the bottom.
- Place cornbreads in ovenproof soup bowls.
- Fill bread bowl with chicken chili; top with cheese.
- Place under broiler for 2 minutes.
- Serve with sour cream.
Chicken and Black Bean Tamale Pie
- Serves 6